Please read these customer terms and conditions (the "TERMS") carefully before using the services offered by DUBZ, operated and represented by Delivering Your Bags Passenger Luggage Delivery L.L.C., a company incorporated with limited liability in the Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates and having commercial registration number 1240648 ("DUBZ"/ "WE"/ "US"/ "OUR") and any of our services which may be hosted on third party partner sites and applications. These terms set forth the legally binding terms for your ("user") use of our "services" under this "agreement".
By using our Services, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If the Booking was made on your behalf by a third party your continued use of our Services means you agree to these Terms. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, please do not make a Booking Request (as defined below) nor use our Services.
- Interpretation; Binding Nature
Our Services; Bookings
- 1.2 In this Agreement, unless otherwise defined in the Terms, the following terms shall have the meaning set out below:
(a) "Booking" means a 'Booking Request' that has been confirmed by us and notified to you as being accepted in accordance with clause 2.3;
(b) "Booking Request" means a request by you for us to pick up your luggage from a Pick-up Point and deliver that luggage through the Service to the Collection Point;
(c) "Collection Period" means the time window set out in the Booking during which you must collect your luggage from the Collection Point;
(d) "Collection Point" means the address at which you will collect your luggage following Delivery as set out in a Booking;
(e) "Delivery" means the delivery by us of luggage from the Pick-up Point to the Collection Point though the Service;
(f) "Delivery to Airport Service" means the delivery by us of luggage from the Pick-up Point to the Delivery Point though the Service;
(g) "Pick-up Period" means the time window set out in the Booking during which you will drop-off your luggage at the Pick-up Point;
(h) "Pick-up Point" means the address at which you will drop-off your luggage for Pick-up as set out in a Booking;
(i) "Fees" means the fees for our Services that are displayed on our Platforms as being applicable at the time that you make your Booking;
(j) "Force Majeure" means without limitation, any event or circumstance beyond the affected party’s reasonable control rendering performance impossible or impractical, including but not be limited to acts outside human control, fire, flood, earthquake, windstorm, storm, extreme weather conditions or other natural disaster, epidemic, pandemic or serious risk to health, war, threat of or preparation for war, armed conflict, closure of airspace, imposition of sanctions, embargo, breaking off of diplomatic relations or similar actions, terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion or riots, labour disputes involving complete or partial stoppages of work or delay in the performance of work, Acts of God, power failure, or any act of any government or public authority, loss of systems, networks, equipment or data (including, without limitation, the Internet or any telecommunications or utilities network or equipment);
(k) "Belt Pick-up and Delivery Service" means the picking-up and delivery services in which your luggage is picked up from the arrivals luggage belt, clears customs and is then delivered to your nominated location. Section 7 below describes the specific terms and conditions related to this aspect of our Services;
(l) "Prohibited Items" means items prohibited for air transportation by any regulatory or government body, including but not limited to items that are illegal, hazardous or dangerous, and animals, or any other items considered by us to be hazardous, dangerous or prohibited under any applicable law in any manner; and
(m) "Storage Location" means a secure storage facility maintained for the provision of our Services.
Fees and payment
- 2.1 You may make a Booking Request via our Website, telephone, or any third-party application that offers our Services, or through your hotel concierge if your hotel participates in our Service.
- 2.2 Any User may submit a Booking Request on the Platforms by accepting these Terms. Upon delivery of confirmation of our Booking, our Services shall comprise: (i) sending a DUBZ authorized driver to arrive at the designated Pick-up Point; (ii) having the DUBZ authorized driver lock the luggage and take photos of the locked luggage; (iii) taking the signature of the User on the Apps or in writing upon driver Pick-up; (iv) providing the User with a link by SMS and/or by email with a link to track the luggage; (v) delivering the luggage to the designated Collection Point; and (vi) taking the signature of the User on the Apps or in writing upon driver Delivery, at which point the Services for the relevant Booking shall have been completed.
- 2.3 We reserve the right to decline any Booking Request at our discretion and will use reasonable endeavours to notify you of this.
- 2.4 A Booking Request will only be considered to be a Booking if you have received an email or other notification from us expressly confirming that Booking Request. All Bookings are subject to the terms of this Agreement.
- 2.5 You acknowledge that we will not be required to provide our Service in respect of a Booking where the number of items submitted in the Booking does not equal the number of items of luggage left at the Pick-up Point.
- 2.6 Access to the Services may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons reasonably beyond our control.
- 3.1 Fees for our Services are displayed on our Platforms as being applicable at the time that you make your Booking. These fees are inclusive of VAT as may be applicable.
- 3.2 We require payment in advance at the time of the Booking for the Off-airport check-in service and Belt pick-up and delivery service. We accept payment by cash, credit card or debit card.
- 4.1 You:
- (a) will ensure that the luggage is given to us at the Pick-up Point within the Pick-up Period, as specified in the Booking;
- (b) will ensure that all luggage that is deposited with us is properly closed and secure;
- (c) warrant to us that the luggage is not a, or does not contain any, Prohibited Item;
- (d) warrant to us that you have full and complete authority to submit the luggage to our Service;
- (e) in the event you are leaving or entrusting the luggage (in the event of usage of Deliver to Airport service) with a hotel concierge, travel representative or any other third party person at the Pick-up Point, you warrant that you have done all things necessary to ensure that such person has been granted full and complete authority to represent your interests in respect of the Services, and you expressly assume all risk in respect of any third party representation at the Pick-up Point and waive all claims against us and release us from any liability in relation to our pick-up and delivery of the luggage in this manner and in relation to our carrying out of the Services in respect of such person who shall be treated as your lawful authorized representative;
- (f) warrant that you are acting at all times in respect of the Services in conformity and accordance with all applicable law;
- (g) warrant that you have completed the Booking Request accurately, including as to any estimate of the value of your luggage that you are submitting to the Service;
- (h) warrant that you have maintained appropriate travel or other insurance on the luggage commensurate to the value of the contents of the luggage for which we are providing the Service and if you have not, then you accept all risk of loss or damage to your luggage;
- (j) will pay us all Fees that you owe to us either by cash, credit card or debit card when you make your Booking for all our Services, or upon leaving your luggage at the Drop-off Point only for the Deliver to Airport service;
- (k) will provide us with photographic identification confirming that you are entitled to collect the luggage at the relevant Collection Point;
- (l) will show us the contents of your luggage if requested; and
- (m) remain responsible and liable for understanding and abiding by any required luggage allowance in event of usage of the Off-Airport Check-In Service and acknowledge and agree that DUBZ shall be fully entitled to pass through to you any airline charges, fees and costs applicable if any luggage exceeds your personal luggage allowance with any airline.
Off-Airport Check-In Service – Specific Terms and Conditions
- 5.1 We:
- (a) shall ensure that the Services are provided with reasonable skill and care;
- (b) have the right to refuse any luggage presented to us at our discretion and without stating reasons
- (c) will use all reasonable endeavours to deliver your luggage to the Collection Point for collection by you during the Collection Period; and
- (d) will not open or search your luggage without your consent unless we have a good reason to believe that your luggage is, or may contain, a Prohibited Item.
- 5.2 We will not be required to provide the Service to you if:
- (a) events beyond our reasonable control mean that it is impossible or impractical for us to do so, including but not limited to an event of Force Majeure;
- (b) your luggage does not meet security or safety requirements at any airport, or any other location where your luggage may be held or be in-transit; or
- (c) you fail to leave your luggage at the Pick-up Point within the Pick-up Period set out in your Booking;
- 5.3 If we are unable to provide you with the Service that is the subject of a Booking due to you not being present at the:
- (a) Pick-up Point within the Pick-up Period to drop-off your luggage: then we may cancel your Booking and you will forfeit any Fees already paid in respect of that Booking; or
- (b) Collection Point within the Collection Period to collect your luggage: then we may deliver your luggage to an end location of your choice and you will reimburse us for all costs that we incur in doing so as per Clause 10.1.
Belt Pick-up and Delivery Service – Specific Terms and Conditions
- 6.1 The Off-Airport Check-In Service is currently available on flydubai, Saudia Airlines and flynas, and can be booked by passengers located within Dubai only and for flights originating from Dubai International Airport. The Off-Airport Check-In Service is provided by DUBZ in the presence of a Dnata check-in agent (the "Check-In Agent") and is not provided by the airline itself.
- 6.2he Off-Airport Check-In Service must be booked for or by the person in whose name the flight reservation is made. If several persons are travelling under one flight booking, these names must be included in the booking form at the time of Booking. Failure to provide such information may result in immediate cancellation of the Service by us. Off-Airport Check-In Service Cancellation terms set out in Section 6.7 may apply as solely determined by DUBZ.
- 6.3 All participating passengers must be present during the Off-Airport Check-In Service, with valid passports and identification materials available for presentation and inspection by the Check-In Agent. Failure to abide by the foregoing or for all passengers to be present, or for one or more passenger to present valid identification documentation, as determined by DUBZ or the Check-In Agent, may result in in immediate cancellation of the Service by us. Off-Airport Check-In Service Cancellation terms set out in Section 6.7 may apply as solely determined by DUBZ.
- 6.4 The passenger is solely responsible for ensuring the size and weight of the luggage is within their booked allowance as per the airline’s luggage allowance policies. Maximum acceptable weight of any one piece of luggage is 32 kg.
- 6.5 The passenger may be requested by us or the Check-In Agent at any time to be reunited with or identify the checked-in luggage in the event of any required or requested security measures and when any law enforcement or other regulatory authorities request the presence of the passenger.
- 6.6 If the passenger fails to attend at the Pick-Up Point within 20 minutes from the start of the Pick-Up Period, we reserve the right to leave the Pick-Up Point without any liability to us and may result in in immediate cancellation of the Service by us. Additional charges of AED 50 may apply in case we arranged a different pick-up time with the User.
- 6.7 Cancellation of Off-airport Check-in Service:
- (a) In the case of cancellation of the Off-Airport Check-In Service, passengers will be offered the Deliver to Airport service, in which case all passengers shall be required to be present at the airport to collect the luggage in person.
- (b) If the Off-Airport Check-In Service is cancelled due to a fault of any passenger (including but not limited to: not being present, not providing valid identification documentation, attending later than 20 minutes in front of the Check-In Agent), then the DUBZ check-in team may leave without providing the Service and the User shall not be refunded.
- (c) If the Off-Airport Check-In Service fails due to a fault of DUBZ or Check-In Agent, then the Deliver to Airport service shall be offered and the User will be refunded the difference in price between the two Services. If the User rejects the offer of the Deliver to Airport service, then the full amount shall be refunded to the User.
Delivery to Airport Service – Specific Terms and Condition
- 7.1 Belt Pick-up and Delivery Service may be booked anytime prior to arrival at Dubai International Airport, or upon arrival at Dubai International Airport by visiting Marhaba office.
- 7.2 The Belt Pick-up and Delivery Service booking is not considered valid until the User sends DUBZ, or the Marhaba team, images of the luggage tags pursuant to instructions.
- 7.3 In the event luggage does not arrive, it shall be considered “mishandled baggage” under the jurisdiction of the Mishandled Baggage Office ("MHB Office"), and the Marhaba porter will proceed to the MHB Office prior to the Customs area to report the missing luggage. The MHB Office shall get in touch with DUBZ, and in turn we will get in touch with the User to collect information required for the recovery of the luggage. DUBZ shall endeavor to deliver the luggage to the User when the luggage arrives at the airport.
- 7.4 In the event that a flight is delayed, and luggage is delayed to arrive at the baggage belt and made available to us at airport, we will extend the delivery time beyond the time selected by you. We will use reasonable endeavours to notify you of this.
- 7.5 All bags will pass through screening by Dubai Customs after pick-up from the baggage belt. In the case Customs want to open any luggage for additional screening, DUBZ will contact the passenger to come back to the airport to be present at the time of opening the luggage. This is a Customs requirement and any related protocols are subject to change at any time and DUBZ shall comply with all such requirements.
- 7.6 If the passenger fails to attend at the Collection Point within 15 minutes from the start of the Collection Period at the Collection Point, we reserve the right to leave the Collection Point without any liability to us. Additional charges may apply the event of any arrangement of a different collection time with the passenger.
Amendments and Cancellation
- 8.1 Where we consider it appropriate, we will place our own locks on your luggage when it is Picked-up at the Pick-up Point. For the avoidance of doubt, we will not be liable for any loss or damage to your luggage whether or not we place our locks on your luggage. You will also receive a receipt by email after the payment for the Service is made.
- 8.2 We will store your luggage at the Storage Location after Pick-up at the Pick-up Point and prior to Delivery at the Collection Point. We shall be entitled to charge you for additional storage fees if luggage is stored for more than one night at the Storage Location for any reason.
- 8.3 You must collect your luggage from the Collection Point during the Collection Period.
- 8.4 In the event you ask us to deliver to a third party, then we will deliver to that third party and ask for identification.
- 8.5 After we deliver the luggage to you or to a third party that you asked us to deliver to, we are no longer liable for your luggage and you may no longer submit a lost luggage claim.
- 8.6 We will be discharged from any responsibility that we have to you if we return luggage to anyone who holds the photographic identification indicated in the Booking or any person that we are instructed to deliver to by you.
- 8.7 If the passenger fails to attend within 20 minutes from the start of the Pick-up Period at the Pick-up Point, we reserve the right to leave the Pick-up Point without liability to us. Additional 50 AED will apply in the event of any arrangement of a different pick-up time with the passenger. These prices exclude VAT, and may change at any time.
- 8.8 If the Customer fails to attend within 15 minutes from the start of the Collection Period at the Collection Point, we reserve the right to leave the Collection Point without liability to us, and take the luggage to the Storage at our earliest convenience. Storage fee per bag per night is 25 AED. Re-delivery fee of your luggage is 50 AED. These prices exclude VAT, and may change at any time.
Failure to Collect or Pay for your Luggage
- 9.1 Subject to the conditions herein, you may amend or cancel a Booking either via the Platforms, telephone or by sending us an email that includes the Booking details to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the notification of the cancellation is sent by e-mail, then the cancellation is effective from the time the e-mail is sent.
- 9.2 You may amend a Booking at any time provided that it is more than one hour prior to the Pick-up Period or more than three hours prior to the Collection Period, provided that the time between Pick-up Period and the Collection Period remains more than five hours. Amendments outside these timeframes will be subject to additional fees. Cancelation outside these timeframes maybe payable as set out in clause 9.3.
- 9.3 If you cancel a Booking (i) more than one hour prior to the start of the Pick-up Period for that Booking; or (ii) more than four hours prior to the start of Collection Period for that Booking (provided that we have not yet picked up the luggage), we will refund in full any Fees that you have paid to us in respect of that Booking. We will process the refund within 14 days of notification of the cancellation. Refunds will be done only through the original mode of payment. If you cancel a Booking outside of these times, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we will not be required to refund any Fees that you have already paid us for that Booking.
- 9.4 If your luggage is in our possession, we may amend or cancel any Booking without refunding you any Fees:
- (a) where we are prevented by someone or something, beyond our control, from fulfilling the Service;
- (b) where you have provided an invalid delivery address; or
- (c) where we believe that you have misused our Services, and we will use reasonable endeavours to notify you of this.
- 10.1 If you do not collect or pay for your luggage within the Collection Period, we will be entitled to store your luggage at the Storage Location at our earliest convenience. Storage fee per bag per night is 25 AED. Re-delivery fee of your luggage is 50 AED. These prices exclude VAT, and may change at any time.
- 10.2 If you have not collected and paid for your luggage within one month of the end of the Collection Period:
- (a) you will be deemed to have renounced your rights in the luggage; and
- (b) we may, at our discretion, either sell or destroy the luggage and you will have no claim or recourse against us except that you may, in the 12 months after any sale of your luggage under this clause, apply to us to have the proceeds of the sale paid to you, less any costs for storage and other costs incurred by us.
Failure to Collect or Pay for your Luggage
- 11.1 We will only be liable for loss or damage to your luggage arising as a direct result of our Service to the extent that such damage and/or loss is not covered by an insurance policy that you have taken out and provided that the luggage does not contain a Prohibited Item.
- 11.2 To the maximum extent permitted by law, our liability arising out of, or in connection with, this Agreement and our provision of the Service to you will be limited in the aggregate to AED 4,000 per booking, and up to AED 1,500 in respect of an individual bag.
- 11.3 We will not be liable for any consequential or indirect loss or damage, or any loss of profit, loss of data, loss of business or loss of opportunity including as a result of the actions of third parties.
- 11.4 For the purposes of these Terms, damage excludes fair wear and tear associated with the transfer of Bags including damage to wheels, handles, zippers and fastenings.
- 11.5 For our Belt pick-up and delivery service, we are liable only after we take possession of your luggage. Although we provide Services in co-operation with airlines, the airlines are not responsible for our Services and have no liability, whether under or in connection with this Contract or otherwise, for our negligence, breach of contract or other failure in connection with the Services.
- 11.6 You acknowledge that the limitations of liability set out in this clause are fair and reasonable in the circumstances and have been taken into account and reflected in the level of the Fees.
Failure to Collect or Pay for your Luggage
- 13.1 The Platforms may include links to third party websites that are controlled and maintained by others. Any link to other websites is not an endorsement of such websites and you acknowledge and agree that DUBZ is not responsible for the content or availability of any such sites.
- 13.2 Any notice given under these Terms to DUBZ shall be in writing and served by hand, prepaid, recorded or special delivery post or prepaid international recorded airmail at the address published at the Website from time to time. Any such notice shall be deemed to have been served at the time of confirmed delivery. DUBZ may provide notice to any User by email.
- 13.3 The failure on the part of either you or us to exercise or enforce any right conferred upon you or us by this Agreement will not be deemed to be a waiver of any such right or operate so as to bar the exercise or enforcement of any such right at any time.
- 13.4 DUBZ will cooperate with law enforcement authorities as required by applicable law. We will cooperate with law enforcement agencies in any investigation of alleged illegal activity regarding your use of the Platforms or the Services when requested.
- 13.5 If any part of these Terms is deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that part shall be deemed to be severable from these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining parts of these Terms.
- 13.6 We may assign or otherwise transfer or dispose of this Agreement or any of our rights or obligations whether in whole or in part to any third party.
- 13.7 This Agreement is drawn up in the English language. This Agreement may be translated into any language other than English provided that the English text will prevail. Any notice given under or in connection with this Agreement must be in English.
- 13.8 DUBZ reserves the right to amend these Terms at any time. DUBZ will ensure that the latest, fully-amended version of these Terms is published on the Website. If any amendment is unacceptable to a User, such User may discontinue using the Services. If any User continues to use the Services, they will be conclusively deemed to have accepted such amended version of these Terms.
- 13.9 This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding between you and us relating to the subject matter of this Agreement and supersedes, cancels and replaces all prior agreements between you and us which relate to the same subject matter and all such agreements will be deemed to have been terminated by mutual consent with effect from the date of this Agreement.
- 13.10 This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Emirate of Dubai and the federal laws of the United Arab Emirates applicable in the Emirate of Dubai. All disputes arising out of or related to this Agreement, the Terms, provisions herein or the use of the Platforms or the content will be resolved by final and binding arbitration in Dubai, UAE before one neutral arbitrator in DIFC-LCIA ("DIFC-LCIA"). You consent to the personal jurisdiction of the DIFC-LCIA, and you agree that arbitration at the DIFC-LCIA is the sole venue for the resolution of any dispute between you and DUBZ, although DUBZ reserves the right to bring proceedings against you for the breach of any of the Terms in your country of residence or any other relevant country. Any dispute will be resolved under the then-applicable DIFC-LCIA rules and procedures. An award by the arbitrator may be entered by any party in a court of competent jurisdiction. IN AGREEING TO ARBITRATE, YOU ARE GIVING UP YOUR RIGHT TO HAVE THE DISPUTE DECIDED IN A COURT OF LAW BEFORE A JUDGE OR JURY.