Please read these customer terms and conditions (the "Terms") carefully before using the services offered by Delivering Your Bags Passenger Luggage Delivery L.L.C., a company incorporated with limited liability in the Emirate of Dubai, United
Arab Emirates and having commercial license 763588 trading as "DUBZ" ("DUBZ"/ "WE"/ "US"/ "OUR"). These Terms apply to your use of our Services (as defined below), the website at www.dubz.com (the "Website"),
all other sites that redirect to the Website, any subdomains and any web or mobile applications that relate to the Services (in each case, whether owned and operated by DUBZ or by any of our partners) (collectively, the "Platforms").
By using our Services and/or the Platforms, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If a Booking Request (as defined below) is made on your behalf by a third party, your continued use of the Services and/or the Platforms means you agree to these
Terms. If you do not agree to the Terms, please do not make a Booking Request nor use our Services.
- Interpretation; Binding Nature
Our Services and Bookings
hereby incorporated by reference into these Terms.
- 1.2 Unless defined elsewhere in the Terms, the following terms shall have the meaning set out below:
(a) "Booking" means a Booking Request that has been confirmed by us and notified to you as being accepted in accordance with clause 2.3;
(b) "Booking Request" means a request by you for us to pick up your luggage from a Pick-up Point and deliver that luggage through the Service to the Collection Point;
(c) "Collection Period" means the time window set out in the Booking during which you must collect your luggage from the Collection Point;
(d) "Collection Point" means the location at which you will collect your luggage following Delivery as set out in a Booking;
(e) "Delivery" means the delivery by us of your luggage from the Pick-up Point to the Collection Point;
(e) "Deliver to Airport Service" means collection of luggage from the Pick-up Point and delivery to the Collection Point. Section 8 below describes the specific terms and conditions related to this aspect of our Services;
(f) "Pick-up Period" means the time window set out in the Booking during which you will drop-off your luggage at the Pick-up Point;
(g) "Pick-up Point" means the location at which you will deliver your luggage to us as set out in a Booking;
(h) "Fees" means the fees for our Services that are displayed on our Platforms as being applicable at the time that you make your Booking;
(i) "Force Majeure" means without limitation, any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control rendering performance of the Services impossible or impractical, including but not limited to acts outside human control, fire, flood,
earthquake, windstorm, storm, extreme weather conditions or other natural disaster, epidemic, pandemic or serious risk to health, war, threat of or preparation for war, armed conflict, closure of airspace, imposition of sanctions, Delivering
Your Bags Passenger Luggage Delivery LLC embargo, breaking off of diplomatic relations or similar actions, terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion or riots, labour disputes involving complete or partial stoppages of work or delay in the
performance of work, Acts of God, power failure, any act of any government or public authority, loss of systems, networks, equipment or data (including, without limitation, the Internet or any telecommunications or utilities network or equipment);
(j) "Off-Airport Check-In Service" means check-in services for passengers and their luggage completed at an off-airport location such as a home, hotel or office. Section 6 below describes the specific terms and conditions related to
this aspect of our Services;
(j) "Belt Pick-up and Delivery Service" means the delivery service in which your luggage is picked up from the arrivals luggage belt, clears customs and is then delivered to the Collection Point. Section 7 below describes the specific
terms and conditions related to this aspect of our Services;
(j) "Prohibited Item" means any item prohibited for air transportation by any regulatory or government body, including but not limited to items that are illegal, hazardous or dangerous, any animals and any other item considered by us
to be hazardous, dangerous or prohibited under any applicable law;
(k) "Services" means our services of delivering, storing and transporting your bags as set out in these Terms;
(k) "Storage Location" means a secure storage facility maintained for the provision of our Services; and
(k) "You" means any person who makes a Booking Request or uses the Platform (whether directly or indirectly through our agents).
Fees and Payment
- 2.1 You may make a Booking Request via the Platforms or by telephone.
- 2.2 We reserve the right to decline any Booking Request or to cancel any Booking at our discretion.
- 2.3 A Booking Request will only be considered to be a Booking if you have received an email or other notification from us expressly confirming that Booking Request. All Bookings are subject to the terms of these Terms.
- 2.4 We have the right to refuse any luggage presented to us at our discretion and without stating reasons. In such circumstances, the relevant Booking may be cancelled.
- 2.5 You acknowledge that we will not be required to provide our Services in respect of a Booking where the number of items of luggage submitted in the Booking is not equal to the number of items of luggage left at the Pick-up Point. In such circumstances,
the relevant Booking may be cancelled.
- 2.6 Access to the Platforms and/or provision of the Services may be suspended temporarily and without notice.
- 3.1 Fees for our Services are displayed on our Platforms and are applicable at the time that you make your Booking. Our Fees are inclusive of VAT.
- 3.2 We require payment in advance and prior to confirming a Booking for all Services (other than the Deliver to Airport Service where we accept payment at the Pick-up Point). We accept payment by cash, credit card or debit card.
- 4.1 will ensure that all luggage is given to us at the Pick-up Point within the Pick-up Period and that all luggage is as specified in the Booking;
- 4.2 will ensure that all luggage is properly closed and secure, and that the weight of any one piece of luggage is less than 32 kg;
- 4.3 warrant to us that the luggage is not a Prohibited Item and/or does not contain any Prohibited Item;
- 4.4 warrant to us that you have full and complete authority to submit the luggage to our Services and, in the event you are leaving or entrusting the luggage with a hotel concierge, travel representative or any other third party person at the
Pick-up Point, you:
- 4.4.1 warrant that you have done all things necessary to ensure that such person has been granted full and complete authority to represent your interests in respect of the Services and acknowledge that we shall be entitled to treat any such
person as your lawful authorized representative;
- 4.4.2 you expressly assume all risk in respect of any third party representation at the Pick-up Point and/or Delivery Point; and
- 4.4.3 you waive all claims against us and release us from any liability in relation to our pick-up or delivery of the luggage in this manner;
- 4.5 warrant that you are acting at all times in respect of the Services in conformity and accordance with all applicable law;
- 4.6 warrant that you have completed the Booking Request accurately;
- 4.7 warrant that you have maintained appropriate travel or other insurance on the luggage commensurate to the value of the contents of the luggage for which we are providing the Services;
- 4.8 will pay us all Fees for our Services;
- 4.9 will open your luggage and show us the contents of your luggage if requested;
- 4.10 remain responsible and liable for understanding and abiding by any maximum luggage allowance set by the relevant airline in event of usage of the Off-Airport Check-In Service; and
- 4.11 If we are unable to provide you with the Service that is the subject of a Booking due to you not being present at the:
- 4.11.1 Pick-up Point within the Pick-up Period then we may cancel your Booking and you will forfeit any Fees paid in respect of that Booking; or
- 4.11.2 Collection Point within the Collection Period then we may store your luggage until an alternative collection appointment is arranged with you and you will reimburse us for all costs that we incur in doing so as per Clause 10.1.
Off-Airport Check-In Service – Specific Terms and Conditions
- 5.1 We:
- 5.1.1 shall ensure that the Services are provided with reasonable skill and care;
- 5.1.2 will use all reasonable endeavours to pick up your luggage at the Pick-up Point during the Pick-up Period and to deliver your luggage to the Collection Point during the Collection Period;
- 5.1.3 will not open or search your bag without your consent unless we are required to do so by government or airport security authorities.
- 5.2 We will not be required to provide the Services to you if:
- 5.2.1 events beyond our reasonable control mean that it is impossible or impractical for us to do so, including but not limited to an event of Force Majeure;
- 5.2.2 your luggage does not meet the security or safety requirements at any airport or at any other location where your luggage may be held or be in-transit; or
- 5.2.3 you fail to deliver your luggage to the Pick-up Point within the Pick-up Period set out in your Booking;
Belt Pick-up and Delivery Service – Specific Terms and Conditions
6.1 The Off-Airport Check-In Service is available only on flights operated by our airline partners and can be booked only by passengers located within United Arab Emirates, subject to availability, and for flights originating from Dubai International
Airport (DXB). Check-in of your luggage is completed by dnata and by a dnata check-in agent (the "Check-In Agent") on behalf of your airline. We are not responsible for checking-in your luggage. You can find a list of our airline
partners by visiting www.dubz.com.
- 6.2 The Off-Airport Check-In Service must be booked for or by the passenger in whose name the flight reservation is made. If several passengers are travelling under one flight booking, these names must be included in the Booking Request at the
time of Booking. Failure to provide such information may result in immediate cancellation of the Booking by us.
- 6.3 All passengers must be physically present at the Pick-up Point during the Off-Airport Check-In Service, with valid passports and identification materials available for presentation and inspection by the Check-In Agent. Failure to abide by
the foregoing as determined by the Check-In Agent will result in in immediate cancellation of the Service by us.
- 6.4 Each passenger is solely responsible for ensuring the size and weight of the luggage is within their booked allowance as per the airline’s luggage allowance policies. If any passenger refuses to pay any charges to the Check-In Agent for excess
luggage then we may immediately cancel the Booking.
- 6.5 Any passenger may be requested by us or the Check-In Agent at any time to be reunited with or identify their luggage in the event of any required or requested security measures or when any law enforcement or other regulatory authority requests
the presence of the passenger.
- 6.6 If any passenger fails to attend at the Pick-Up Point within 20 minutes from the start of the Pick-Up Period, we reserve the right to leave the Pick-Up Point and immediately cancel the Service.
- 6.7 Cancellation of Off-airport Check-in Service:
- 6.7.1 In the case of cancellation of the Off-Airport Check-In Service, you will be offered the Deliver to Airport service, in which case you will be required to be physically present at the airport to collect the luggage in person.
- 6.7.2 If the Off-Airport Check-In Service is cancelled due to a fault of any passenger (including but not limited to: not being present, not providing valid identification documentation, attending the Pick-up Point later than 20 minutes after
the start of the Pick-up Period), then we will leave the Pick-up Point without providing the Service and any Fees paid will not be refunded.
- 6.7.3 If you have complied with all of the Terms applicable to the Off-Airport Check-In Service but we are not able to provide that Service due to the fault of DUBZ or the Check-In Agent then the Deliver to Airport Service shall be offered to
you and you will be refunded the difference in price between the two Services. If you reject the offer of the Deliver to Airport Service, then all Fees paid by you will be refunded.
Delivery to Airport Service – Specific Terms and Conditions
- 7.1 The Belt Pick-up and Delivery Service is provided in conjunction with dnata.
7.2 If your luggage does not arrive at the airport, we will report your luggage as "mishandled baggage" to the Mishandled Baggage Office ("MHB Office" ). When your luggage is located and is present at the MHB Office, we will use
reasonable endeavors to deliver the luggage to you. For the avoidance of doubt, liability for your luggage remains with the airline until we receive it.
- 7.3 If your bag appears to be damaged when it arrives at the Baggage Belt, Mishandled Baggage Office in the airport will inform you and make a claim about the damaged luggage with your airline. For the avoidance of doubt, liability for your luggage
remains with the airline until it clears customs and is in our possession.
- 7.4 In the event of a delay to your flight or if your luggage is delayed in arriving at the baggage belt or in being made available to us at the airport, we will amend the Collection Period from that shown in your Booking. We will use reasonable
endeavours to notify you of any delay to your luggage and any change to the Collection Period.
- 7.5 All luggage will pass through x-ray screening by Dubai Customs at the airport. If Dubai Customs or any other regulatory authority want to further inspect any luggage, we will contact you and you must return to the airport at your own expense
in order to be physically present at the time of such inspection. This is a Dubai Customs requirement and any related protocols are subject to change at any time.
Amendments and Cancellation
- 8.1 Where we consider it appropriate, we will place our own locks on your luggage at the Pick-up Point. For the avoidance of doubt, we will not be liable for any loss or damage to your luggage whether or not we place our locks on your luggage.
- 8.2 We will store your luggage at a secure location prior to Delivery at the Collection Point.
- 8.3 You must collect your luggage from the Collection Point during the Collection Period. If you fail to do so, we shall be entitled to charge you for additional storage fees and for redelivery to the Collection Point as per Clause 10.1.
- 8.4 In the event you ask us to deliver your luggage to a third party, then we will deliver to that third party and will be discharged from any responsibility that we have to you provided that we deliver your luggage to any person who holds the
photographic identification of the third party indicated in the Booking (or a representative thereof) or any person that we are subsequently instructed to deliver to by you.
- 8.5 If any passenger fails to attend at the Pick-Up Point within 20 minutes from the start of the Pick-Up Period, we reserve the right to leave the Pick-Up Point and immediately cancel the Service.
Failure to Collect or Pay for your Luggage
9.1 Subject to the conditions herein, you may amend or cancel a Booking either via the Platforms, telephone or by sending us an email that includes the Booking details to email@example.com. Any amendment or
cancellation of a Booking is confirmed and completed only when we send a confirmation to you by email.
- 9.2 You may amend a Booking at any time provided that the amendment is received and confirmed by us more than one hour prior to the Pick-up Period or more than three hours prior to the Collection Period.
- 9.3 If you cancel a Booking (i) more than one hour prior to the start of the Pick-up Period for that Booking; or (ii) more than four hours prior to the start of Collection Period for that Booking (provided that we are not in possession of your
luggage), we will refund in full any Fees that you have paid to us in respect of that Booking. We will process the refund within 14 days of notification of the cancellation. Refunds will be made only through the original mode of payment. If
you cancel a Booking outside of these times, we will not refund any Fees that you have already paid us for that Booking.
- 9.4 If your luggage is in our possession, we may amend or cancel any Booking without refunding you any Fees:
- 9.4.1 In the event of any Force Majeure or where we are prevented by you from fulfilling the Service;
- 9.4.2 where you have provided an invalid delivery address; or
- 9.4.3 where we believe that you have misused our Services,
- 9.4.4 and we will use reasonable endeavours to notify you of this.
- 10.1 If you do not collect or pay for your luggage within the Collection Period for the Delivery to Airport Service, we will be entitled to store your luggage until it is delivered to you. The daily storage fee per item of luggage is 25 AED.
Our fee for re- delivery of your luggage is 50 AED.
- 10.2 If you have not taken delivery of your luggage or paid any outstanding fees within one month of the end of the Collection Period as shown in your original Booking, you will be deemed to have renounced your rights in the luggage;
- 11.1 Subject to the following provisions of these Terms, we will only be liable for loss or damage to your luggage arising as a direct result of our Services, and provided that the luggage is not or does not contain a Prohibited Item.
- 11.2 To the maximum extent permitted by law, our liability arising out of, or in connection with, these Terms and our provision of the Services to you will be limited in the aggregate to a maximum of AED 4,000 per Booking.
- 11.3 In the event of loss or damage to your luggage, our liability shall not exceed AED 1,500 in respect of an individual item of luggage and AED 4000 per Booking.
- 11.4 We will not be liable for any consequential or indirect loss or damage, including but not limited to any loss of profit, loss of data, loss of business or loss of opportunity.
- 11.5 For the purposes of these Terms, damage excludes fair wear and tear associated with the provision of the Services including damage to wheels, handles, zippers and fastenings.
- 11.6 Off-Airport Check-In Service: notwithstanding the provisions above, you acknowledge that your airline is solely liable for your luggage from the point that it is accepted by the Check-in Agent and that we shall have no liability to you from
- 11.7 Belt Pick-up and Delivery Service: we are responsible for your luggage only after we take possession of it at the airport.
- 11.8 Belt Pick-up and Delivery Service and Delivery to Airport Service: in case we store your baggage and we suspect the content is perishable, then we will inform you and dispose the baggage. You will be deemed to have renounced your rights
in the luggage.
- 11.9 We shall have no liability for any claim in connection with these Terms or the provision of the Services unless you notify us of any claim within 10 days of the circumstances giving rise to the claim and provide us with documentary evidence
in support of your claim.
- 11.10 You acknowledge that the limitations of liability set out in these Terms are fair and reasonable in the circumstances and have been taken into account and reflected in the level of the Fees.
- 13.1 The Platforms may include links to third party websites that are controlled and maintained by others. Any link to other websites is not an endorsement by us of such websites and you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the
content or availability of any such sites.
- 13.2 Unless expressly provided elsewhere in these Terms, any notice given under these Terms shall be in writing and served by hand, prepaid, or recorded delivery post or airmail at the address published on the Website from time to time. Any such
notice shall be deemed to have been served at the time of confirmed delivery (if by hand) or 48 hours after posting to an address in the United Arab Emirates or 5 business days after posting to an address outside of the United Arab Emirates.
- 13.3 The failure on the part of either you or us to exercise or enforce any right conferred upon you or us by these Terms will not be deemed to be a waiver of any such right or operate so as to bar the exercise or enforcement of any such right
at any time.
- 13.4 DUBZ will cooperate with law enforcement authorities as required by applicable law. We will cooperate with law enforcement agencies in any investigation of any activity regarding your baggage and/or your use of the Platforms or the Services
- 13.5 If any part of these Terms is deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that part shall be deemed to be severable from these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining parts of these
- 13.6 These Terms are drawn up in the English language. These Terms may be translated into any language other than English provided that the English text will prevail. Any notice given under or in connection with these Terms must be in English.
- 13.7 DUBZ reserves the right to amend these Terms at any time. If any amendment to these Terms is unacceptable to you, you may discontinue using the Platforms and/or the Services. If you continue to use the Platforms and/or the Services, you
will be conclusively deemed to have accepted such amended version of these Terms.
- 13.8 These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Emirate of Dubai and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Emirate of Dubai.